What do you have in your mind about this city? The Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Bird’s Nest and the Beijing National Aquatics Center? The Peking Opera and the winding and deep Hutong neighbourhood? Or perhaps the Peking duck? When you actually come here, you will find that Beijing is a lot more than those listed above. Here are some fantastic things you can experience in Beijing:
- Geographically, this city is made up of 16 communities.
- As the cultural capital of the country, it is home to a wide range of museums and other cultural institutions such as the National Museum of China, Capital Museum, National Center for the Performing Arts and 798 Arts Center.
- Apart from its stunning historical past, Beijing is an energetic, cosmopolitan city. Houhai（后海）， Sanlitun Village（三里屯village） are among the most popular places to enjoy nightlife.
- It hosts 44 Global Fortune 500 companies as well as more than 100 of China’s largest companies. China’s Silicon Valley, Zhongguancun, borders RUC to the north.
- Beijing is also a major hub for the national highway, expressway, railway, and high-speed rail networks.
For more information, please have a look at